Join Our Team
Baker/Asst. Manager Position
Location: Blackout Baking Co. – Kitchen/Bake Shop - Oak Park, IL
Position Type: Part-Time to Full-Time
Job Shift: Morning/Day Fri and Sat
Job Category: Manufacturing
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Blackout Baking Co. is a woman-owned local bakery specializing in bite-size gourmet cookies. We are a growing company that ships nationwide and are looking for badass, dedicated, energetic, and ambitious individuals to join our team.
At Blackout Baking Co. we strive to create BLACKOUT worthy cookies that bring us back to our childhood, but push boundaries with new flavors, textures, and forms. Perfect for gifting and events, every cookie we make is unique. There is an inherent obsessiveness that goes into every detail; From the texture, flavor balance, shape of the cookie, packaging, etc. We are bakers who make fresh cookies without preservatives. With the opening of our brick-and-mortar location we are growing and expanding our baked goods and drink menu.
This position is located in Oak Park, IL. The Baker/Asst. Manager is a hybrid between FOH and BOH. The Baker/Asst. Manager will be responsible for production which includes prepping ingredients, mixing doughs, cookie preparation, baking, and packaging while working efficiently and keeping production on track to hit targets. They will also have light touches with front of house. Coffee knowledge is preferred, but not required. The metrics of this position are measured by the quality of the products produced, timeliness in which they are produced, level of teamwork demonstrated, cleanliness, work organization, planning (lots of numbers), and ownership. The ideal candidate is proactive, friendly, hardworking, energetic team player, and detail-oriented. Cookie lovers preferred!
- Efficient and accurate completion of prepping, scaling, mixing, and finishing of bakery items
- Complete shift checklists and maintain accurate inventory
- Opening and closing of bake shop
- Organize and lead daily workflow
- Properly store, label, and package finished product
- Opening and closing of kitchen
- Responds positively to regular feedback
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions
- Assist with all other tasks, as needed, including front of house café cross training
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Effective and positive communication skills to lead other bakers
- Attention to detail, ambitious, and self-starting
- Knowledge and passion for food and baking
- Commercial baking or kitchen experience
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time (4 hour intervals)
Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you would be the best candidate for the position and include your resume.