Join Our Team
Cashier/Shop Assistant Position
Location: Blackout Baking Co. – Bakery/Coffee Shop - Oak Park, IL
Position Type: Part-Time
Job Shift: 7:15am-12pm Saturday or Sunday
Job Category: Food Service
Compensation: Hourly plus tips
Blackout Baking Co. is a woman-owned local bakery specializing in bite-size gourmet cookies. We are a growing company that ships nationwide with a bake/coffee shop opening next month, and are looking for badass, dedicated, energetic, and ambitious individuals to join our team.
At Blackout Baking Co. we strive to create BLACKOUT worthy cookies that bring us back to our childhood, but push boundaries with new flavors, textures, and forms. Perfect for gifting and events, every cookie we make is unique. There is an inherent obsessiveness that goes into every detail; From the texture, flavor balance, shape of the cookie, packaging, etc. We are bakers who make fresh cookies without preservatives. With the opening of our brick-and-mortar location we are expanding our baked goods and drink menu.
This position is located in Oak Park, IL. The Cashier will be the first smiling face customers see upon entering the bake shop (alongside our delicious baked goods). This is a pivotal role as the Cashier will be responsible for the atmosphere of the shop as well as execution of in-house and online orders. This is a fast-paced role that combines taking and prepping orders, taking payments, providing great customer service and being a brand ambassador for Blackout Baking Co. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the customer service provided, timeliness in which orders are executed, level of teamwork demonstrated, cleanliness, and work organization. The ideal candidate is friendly and a people-person, proactive, hardworking, energetic team player, and likes a fast-paced environment.
- Provide awesome customer service as a brand ambassador for Blackout Baking Co.
- Detailed knowledge of all products, ingredients, allergens, etc.
- Identify customer needs and make recommendation for new products
- Complete shift checklists
- Set-up of pastry case and front of house including sanitizing, dishes, mopping
- Responds positively to regular feedback given by the Manager on Duty
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions
- Café cleanliness and maintenance
- Assist with all other tasks as needed in FOH and BOH
- Strong desire to exceed customer expectations and build relationships
- Develop strong interpersonal and selling skills in-person and over the phone
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Effective and positive communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to read documents such as safety rules, instructions, etc.
- Desire to learn and grow within the company
- Standing for extended periods of time (4 hour intervals)
Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you would be the best candidate for the position and include your resume.