Join Our Team
Location: Blackout Baking Co. - Kitchen - Schiller Park, IL
Position Type: Part-Time
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Manufacturing
Blackout Baking Co. is a woman-owned local bakery specializing in bite-size gourmet cookies. We are a growing company that ships nationwide with plans for a storefront, and are looking for dedicated, energetic, and ambitious people to join our team.
At Blackout Baking Co. we strive to create BLACKOUT worthy cookies that bring us back to our childhood, but push boundaries with new flavors, textures, and forms. Perfect for gifting and events, every cookie we make is unique. There is an inherent obsessiveness that goes into every detail; From the texture, flavor balance, shape of the cookie, packaging, etc. We are bakers who make fresh cookies without preservatives.
This position is located in Schiller Park, IL. The Baker will be responsible for production which includes prepping ingredients, mixing doughs, cookie preparation, baking, and packaging. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the quality of the products produced, timeliness in which they are produced, level of teamwork demonstrated, cleanliness, and work organization. The person in this position should be a friendly and energetic team player. The ideal candidate should be proactive, hardworking, and detail-oriented. Cookie lovers preferred!
- Assist with efficient and accurate completion of prepping, scaling, mixing, and finishing of bakery items
- Complete shift checklists and maintain accurate inventory
- Properly store, label, and package finished product
- Set-up and cleanup of kitchen space including sanitizing, dishes, and mopping
- Responds positively to regular feedback given by the Manager on Duty
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions
- Assist with all other tasks, as needed
- Required Mondays and Thursdays daytime; With options for extra days and possible weekends during market events if interested
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Effective and positive communication skills
- Attention to detail, ambitious, and self-starting
- Ability to read documents such as safety rules, recipes, instructions, etc.
- Basic knowledge and passion for food and baking, with a desire to learn and grow within the company
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time (4 hour intervals)
Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us why you would be the best candidate for the position and include your resume.